Thursday, March 5, 2009

Refueling the Cells

I had a great day. After a casual effort to supervise the older two kids prepare and exit for school, I spent a little time performing yoga and strength training on the WII before showering and leaving my husband as the PIC (parent in charge) while I sat through two hours of cut, color, and conversation (none of which involved the words 'potty' 'stop that' or 'I'm talking, please say excuse me')

With a box full of girl scout cookies which needed delivered, I used the afternoon to take an extended lunch with my sister, niece, and friend, followed by short visits with a few other friends and some shopping (the kind where I spend a leisurely hour in Kmart where I only walk out with a handful of things and a relaxed smile on my face.)

At length, my two hour hair appointment earned me six hours of "me" time. I arrived home shopping-weary, but rejuvenated. So here's the rub. My recharged motherly patience lasted a net of about an hour before I was raising my voice and threatening extra chores. Shouldn't there be some sort of reserve where we mothers can put all the good intentions that pass through our minds as we get a pedicure so we can pull them out when our child faces us defiantly and screams, "No. I won't do it and you can't make me!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment